Practice Head - Corporate Governance and Risk
Practice Head - Corporate Governance and Risk
Due to increased requirements a new exciting position as the Practice Head of a leading banks group legal team. This experienced professional is required to lead a team of 4 lawyers and will provide advice and legal support on diversified and dynamic market associated transactions which address / incorporate capital raising initiatives, all types of debt issuance with the accompanying EU Banking regulations and Regulatory Capital requirements; transactions concerning the Group strategic projects involving expansion of the business and assets of the Group as well as internal strategic initiatives.
- Lead, manage and develop the Team members to engage in the various roles and businesses providing ongoing updates to the Senior Leadership Team and ensuring the Team delivers high levels of individual and collective performance with a collegiate and proactive approach from all members and the ability to keep pace with business / legal requirements
- Engage within the senior management team to ensure the group legal capability keeps pace with changing business needs with a particular focus on demonstrating leadership skills including strong judgment, critical thinking, commercial acumen
- Develop optimal Team effectiveness (multi-disciplinary and external advisors) as re-usable "specialist" team skills on key projects
- Demonstrate leadership behaviours to the Team and the wider Group by forging excellent customer relationships and service ,through the provision of professional and strategic advice, with stakeholders in Group Strategy ; Group Treasury ; Group Capital Management ; Group Secretariat ; Global Markets and other Group Businesses in order to ensure excellence in the delivery of the legal services and where required liaise with other internal group stakeholders to facilitate and assist in the delivery of legal advice and expertise to specific Group units as required
- Work co-operatively on a cross-border basis and cross-departmental basis with other Group Legal colleagues where applicable attending Business senior team meetings as appropriate to provide a "value- add", commercially astute advisory service and attending / initiating, as required management Team meetings with other Practice Heads; setting agenda`s; co-ordinating responses to Senior Management Team on issues as they arise, presenting at SMT meetings.
- Senior lawyer with extensive commercial experience in a commercial /in-house environment
- Proven decisive capability to tackle complex legal and regulatory issues including managing and shaping the Team through change
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, including the ability to interact effectively at senior levels, both within the organisation and with external bodies
- Strong commerciality and problem-solving skills and effective delivery
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and relationship building skills and strategic thinking, in particular the ability to exercise commercial judgment and constructively challenge business owners to ensure alignment between various stakeholders in a dynamic growth area
- Support enhanced delivery both individually and at a Team Level
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to fully motivate and engage staff at all levels, in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Good analytical and listening skills and an ability to influence and critically assess / challenge management in an open and constructive manner, while maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, with an open positive attitude to become involved in and develop further expertise and knowledge in transactions and initiatives not previously within remit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong analytical and report-writing skills to all levels within the Company
This new role is in an expanding area and arises due to expansion from entering into new and innovative transactions available in the marketplace and will afford the successful candidate to opportunity to be involved in new and varying initiatives. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal Group Banking and working closely with the wider group senior management, this is an ideal opportunity for a professional in a similar positon or looking to move from practice to in-house of a banking leader. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to manage a professional team while testing their skill and knowledge.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description
please contact Ciaran on 01-8746770. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org