Senior SQL Server DBA
My client, a leading-edge technology driven Financial Services firm based in Dublin city centre, now has an urgent requirement for a senior SQL Server DBA.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a “start-up” environment whilst being supported by a global organisation whilst working with the latest technologies. My client is a typical early adopter of anything that drives innovation, creativity and measured risk taking which is what they look for in their people too.
You will be responsible for working on SQL Server delivery, production support and engineering activities to include DB support, Production issues, performance improvement and change and all low level engineering initiatives. This company demands expert technical skills which will provide maximum availability and uptime of the database infrastructure and estate.
- Automation of recurring database activities
- ID and driving of DB related engineering deliverables.
- 24x7 support for entire database estate (production / lower environments)
- Pro-active issue detection and resolution as well as service monitoring
- Service restoration subsequent to unanticipated outages or disruptions
- Escalation as necessary to secure assistance and technical guidance from other Technology teams to resolve support issues
- Expert SQL Server skills - production support, project delivery, engineering
- Previous experience in delivery, support and maintenance of reliable, highly available and high performance environments
- Identifying and support of continued automation and process improvement work
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- SQL Server 2008, 2012 & 2014
- Engineering SQL Server solutions highly advantageou
- SQL Server High Availability solutions including MS Clustering
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery solutions including Mirroring and Always On
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell & TSQL)
- Database backup, restore and recovery
- Database Instance and Query performance tuning
- Experience with Azure or AWS
If you feel you are the right person for this mandate please do not hesitate to contact Killian Dixon on 00 353 1 874 6770 for further information.